Foot derby | minigame suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
Hello All! In this thread I would like to suggest the creation of a new fantastic minigame called "Foot Derby".

In this minigame, the player will join and spawn and he will be frozen. After a countdown of any duration, the players will be unfrozen and they need to fight with other players and knock them down. The players who fall will lose and the one who remains last to survive, he or she will be the winner. This minigame will be really fun to play. I also found the location of the map.

View attachment 2745

Here is an example video of this minigame.

Thank You!

ScrIN

What's the difference from current /fallout minigame? Game logic is the same, you can punch + platforms are falling which is bonus feature of fallout.

Shaan

Server Staff
What's the difference from current /fallout minigame? Game logic is the same, you can punch + platforms are falling which is bonus feature of fallout.
Is punching allowed in fallout? But yea you are right.

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
I don't see this minigame becoming popular or played much. Also people dont usually fall back when you punch them so these games will either end with draws or no winner at all depending if there is a timer or not.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
Punching in fallout isn't allowed and falling objects sometimes drag you down. In this arena, we have complete control of our character. We played 20 rounds and it was awesome.

bear

Server Owner
We can consider this as one of the options when hosting events using event world feature.

I think this is the best option, one downside of course being that it'll require an admin who's willing to host it.

To create it as a unique minigame would likely be overkill, and this is a perfect example of why the event system was created.

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
It does have potential, probably not as much as our other mini games.

ScrIN

We played 20 rounds and it was awesome.

The fun begins when you meet a mechanic (it's actually Jason Statham) who does not move at all from your punches (from 0:19 in video above)

I guess this game should be something like onekill minigame so with fists it wouldn't take ages to kill somebody.

Last edited:

Shaan

Server Staff
The fun begins when you meet a mechanic (it's actually Jason Statham) who does not move at all from your punches (from 0:19 in video above)

I guess this game should be something like onekill minigame so with fists it wouldn't take ages to kill somebody.
As Sulps said, we need to punch on their front body then only they will fall. So this makes it more challenging

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
From the topic Foot Derby! in the Media section:
I have a hint that could save you an entire minute next time: punching other characters only pushes them if they're facing you. If they have their back to you, they'll just stand in one place until you stop punching.
On-foot derby is a good idea, by the way.

It seems to me that foot derby wouldn't be very popular as a separate minigame. As several staff members above have said, it's probably best to have foot derby matches as admin-hosted events.

Status
Not open for further replies.