Gang permission bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Description (in few words): VIPs have fewer permissions in gang transactions than regular members of the gang
What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: Regular members have (in rAcingCards, at least) permission to manage businesses - lease and sell businesses and check their status. When I tried to check the status of the businesses as a VIP, the server told me I don't have permission for that. This leads to a paradoxical situation where regular members are granted more permissions than VIPs.
The permission to manage gang territories might be affected by a similar bug. I've only experienced it once and don't have any screenshots, though.
Steps to replicate (if possible): In my case, I've been a regular member of rAcingCards for weeks and I'm not aware of any permission changes for gang members. At first, I had no VIP status in the server. But after reporting some bugs, I was granted VIP status for 5 days. It was during that time I encountered this bug. After my VIP reward expired, I became a regular player and now I have the permission to manage gang businesses again.
Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here):
Before I gained VIP status:
EDjAwAm.png

During my VIP reward. Note that I can still see the report about gang businesses, but I'm not allowed to see their status through the gang menu.
aT4YRh4.png

After my VIP status expired:
5SvbRuc.png

Desired Reward (see here): Minor

cawfee

I'm afraid there is no bug here. Whether you have VIP membership or not does not have any affect on the permissions you have in a gang. You said that you were not aware of any permission changes in the gang. However, this is exactly what happened. See the enclosed screenshot below:

8LeqZ69.png

I would say there is a clear distinction between managing business and seeing the reports. I suppose there is no harm in gang members without permission to buy/sell businesses to be informed of the profit earned from the gang's businesses, either.

Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.