Gangs -> brainstorm session

cawfee

Hi

As some of you might be aware, I am working on the gangs system for the C++ branch. What are some things you would like to see? 

I am a firm believer of community input, and its importance in the development process, so do expect more topics like these in the future. 

Thanks, and I look forward to your thoughts! 

EsperZ

Got some ideas that could help:

1- Custom ranks: So in all servers you see gangs with same ranks, leader, co-leader etc..., so why not change that, and allow gang founders to have their own ranks, there could be a max. amount of ranks (4-5 is enough I guess).

2- Gang Zones: I really want this to be included because it really makes it more fun to have zones owned by you. Capturing can give everyone in the zone an amount of score and/or money.

3- Gang Safe: Maybe a safe where the leader/co-leader can withdraw money from. and all members can contribute, also maybe powerups can be purchased from this money? May sound like a bad idea, I'll leave the decision to you anyway
tongue.png

4- Gang Score: Just like the previous gang system, no changes needed, except like the gang zone capture gives you more score than killing.

5- Online and offline gang commands: For example, if there is /setrank, also do /osetrank, just to make the gang management easier for the leader.

6- Gang Bases: A gang base is where weapons and heath pickups can be spawned, only for the gang members if possible. Maybe count it as a zone?

That's it really, if any idea comes to my mind I'll add it.

Last edited by a moderator:

cawfee

Thanks for your thoughts.
smile.png

1.) Do you mean allowing custom names for the ranks, with custom permissions?
smile.png

2.) What I was planning for zones is more of a reward for winning a gangwar (if the gang possesses a zone, but having claimed a zone would not be mandatory to participate in a war) what do you think?

3.) I have adopted a similar model for investing player money. What kind of powerups have you in mind?

5.) Our system will be controlled through dialogs, and it will support offline management.
smile.png

EsperZ

1) Yeah exactly what I meant.

2) Good idea why not?

3) Hmm powerups may include extra damage, or extra rewards on killing players/capturing zones, or maybe a little bit of armor (10-20).

5) Oh great, even better to manage the gang.

Thanks for the fast reply on my thoughts
smile.png

Shady

Gang Headquarters -: Gangs should have their own Official Headquarters. Gang founders/leaders can use a command like /ghqset to set their owned house as a HQ for their gang. Gang members can also set their spawn locations to gang headquarters. 

adie

Former Staff
Turf Perks.

So, like EsperZ mentioned gang turfs should be included but we should reward the gangs who control the most turfs. For example if there are 15 turfs in total in Los Santos. The gang having 5 of them, unlocks a special perk, say uhm.. more hp? a slight bit of armor? similarly if a gang owns 10 turfs then the higher ranked gang members can spawn and use Rhino or Hunters or Hydras on the opposite members of the gang, this would make the gang members to work hard and try and achieve higher ranks so they can avail all these facilities.

Furthermore, we should include a Gangs total goldpots. Basically, the sum of the goldpots found by the individual members, this would bring goldpot hunting back into action with gangs striving to be on top of the Goldpot chart(hopefully)

P.S ^^ This would make Sulps the most popular guy in the server so.. you've been warned. ;)

Chaos

Former Staff
@cawfee plz add a simple menu with which we can edit all our gang actions like ( buying superpowers , settings ranks , inviting players e.t.c ).It will make the owner feel easy when he wants to edit his gang.Cause /gcmds only show cmds which are hard to use.If there is a menu system which can be opened with /gang which contains all the necessary options for editing your gang.

cawfee

@cawfee plz add a simple menu with which we can edit all our gang actions like ( buying superpowers , settings ranks , inviting players e.t.c ).It will make the owner feel easy when he wants to edit his gang.Cause /gcmds only show cmds which are hard to use.If there is a menu system which can be opened with /gang which contains all the necessary options for editing your gang.
Hey, this is exactly how I have written it for the C++ gamemode. :) You can check it out in the beta server!

Last edited by a moderator: