ID 2 and ID 8 Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky

VIP
Former Staff
Description (in few words): Basically, ID 2 and ID 8 shows the same player. Also, there's no ID 8 in-game at the moment.

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible:
This bug is rather weird, I would say. When I try to spectate (/spec) ID number 2 and ID number 8, it shows the same player's perspective. Technically an error message that shows "ERROR: Invalid player specified!" will be displayed after I type "/spec 8", as there is no ID 8 online at the moment. However, that is not the case. Besides, a player that has two IDs does not make any sense. I have tried using statistics command (/stats) on both ID, and same statistics were shown. On a side note, I've tried to turn off spectation and spectate again, and the same thing happen again. It was until the actual ID number 8 came online.

Steps to replicate (if possible):
1) Type "/spec 2" and ID number 2's perspective will be spectated.
2) Type "/spec 8" and that particular player was spectated once again.
3) Try "/stats 2" and "/stats 8" to display same player's statistics.

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here):

Desired Reward (see here):
-

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
The culprit is the player's name, 88005553535. When you typed /stats 2, the server showed you the stats of ID 2. When you typed /stats 8, the server couldn't find ID 8, so it showed the stats of the player whose name begins with "8", which happened to be ID 2. If my theory is correct, there's no bug here, just a player with an unusual nickname.

cawfee

@Sulps' description above is spot on. After failing to parse a player carrying numeric Id 8, the script began to look at names that match with character '8'. A possible way to counter this would be to disallow names starting with a number. However, I wouldn't be apt to do that unless this becomes a frequent source of confusion. Thanks for noticing this, @DarkVengeance!

Status
Not open for further replies.