Increasing the reward for the finding of gold-pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
I'm almost certain few years back gold-pots were worth much more than the current distributed prize 1 XP (3 if on a finding streak). I would like to suggest slightly increasing the reward for them as currently even reaction tests (which only require the typing of a few words) reward more than what the current finder of a gold-pot gets. This change would probs, in return, encourage more gold-pot hunting and competition as the reward of a find would prove more tempting and worthy of the time and effort that is spent searching for them.

In my opinion, a fair change would probs involve changing the system to rewarding finders 3 XP per normal (non-streak) find and 5 XP when on a finding streak.

Let me know of your thoughts

IroniZ

Head VIP
VIP
Former Staff
Its a goldpot and not XP pot.
The rewards were decreased to avoid massive XP differences and to fix the server economy.
I think it is fine right now.

Sabre

Former Staff
Former Staff
I agree with IroniZ opinion, I am goldpot hunter and its ok for me if the xp give in goldpot is 1xp, this is a kind of challenging for me, and to all goldpots hunters. I think this is good enough.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
In the old days (2011-13), each goldpot gave 3 score and somewhere between $55 000 and $150 000 (somewhere between 70 000-80 000 on average), depending on the goldpot. However, at one point, the score system was remade and the awards for goldpots were reduced to their current values. Since most goldpots are found in streaks, the XP awarded is still usually at 3. The money awarded has been greatly reduced, but let's be honest, money becomes useless in SFSE once you have millions.
I wish there was some way to award competition in goldpot hunting, though.

ScrIN

This change would probs, in return, encourage more gold-pot hunting and competition as the reward of a find would prove more tempting and worthy of the time and effort that is spent searching for them.

This would probably encourage to reappear competition between those who know each goldpot coordinates by heart. Now when quite a lot old wolves got bored from those goldpots newbies get a chance to look around and find something. I find that as a plus.

Greater prizes would be logical if goldpot hunt wasn't held so frequently and location itself would be random. Thus it would truly require to find something hidden.

cawfee

As IroniZ indicated above, the rewards were decreased to improve the economy. The economy is still in need of improvement and hence, we will not be increasing the Goldpot reward values at this time.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.