Low Fps

Trevor

i recently upgraded to windows 10 i have a 6gb ram ddr4 and gta sa is like 30-40fps any solution it's like not using ram or something
ps. didn't have this problem before upgrading to windows 10

AlanNeos

VIP
Former Staff
Since you just upgraded to a new windows, it's possible that you're missing drivers for your GPU or CPU. try that

Trevor

well i will try samp addon about drivers i already scanned all and none is outdated
samp addon just boosted my fps by 10 which now is 50 which isn't my normal i mostly get 80-90
fps is normal on other games

Last edited:

AlanNeos

VIP
Former Staff

Try this

Gr1Ldo_

Deathmatcher of the Year | 2020
Maybe try modded game folders that are created to increase fps for low spec pcs , maybe ram doesnt make a difference for samp ???

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Yes, SA:MP is not built for use on Windows 10. It's garbage.

I've had performance related problems on my rig which is more than capable of running the latest titles at 100+ FPS, yet it struggles with SA:MP unless I use SA:MP Addon. Then everything is fine-ish.

Give it a go and hopefully it will help you: https://gtaforums.com/topic/760017-samp-addon/

As bear said, SAMP just isn't compatible with Windows 10.

s0ulreaper

Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
Server Staff
VIP
As bear said, SAMP just isn't compatible with Windows 10.
I second this. Alt-Tab bugs, but that's the only issue I run into on Windows 10. (I heard doing Ctrl-Alt-Del is an alternative to Alt-tabbing to avoid the infamous Alt-Tab bug on SAMP.)

Other suggestions that I'm surprised that no one has mentioned yet is deleting gta_sa.set (deleting this file resets your keybinds and graphics settings). Other suggestion is deleting sa-mp.cfg or double check that multicore is set to 1. There's mod patches to give a try, like SilentPatchSA (extremely SAMP friendly), which also removes the dependency of DirectPlay.

my pc specs are fine i can run gta 5, csgo, fornite at 90fps
This doesn't help the fact that specs were never mentioned but 6GB RAM (this can be crucial because it's running single channel). Can you provide your PC specs, with full CPU and GPU model names (ex. i7 4770, GTX 970)? With the information provided, it can (hopefully) aid closer to a solution.

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff

Trevor

well the problem is fixed the problem was from the pc resolution was probably to high for the game and if i got a old cpu doesn't mean i don't have a ddr4 ram

bonTT

hi as i know window 10 is not for samp i prefer windows 7 and if you have a bad pc and running on low fps even with windows 7 i recommend you to get fps boosts like gta shrinker,low effects and other just search on youtube for fps boosts. and also don't forget to use 800x400x32 or less.