Minor bug - /report countdown resets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ern

1. Description of the bug (in a few words): The apparent 60 seconds countdown of the /report resets each time you try to report the same person less than that consecutively.
  2. What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: There comes a situation when you report a player for suspicious behaviour, however nothing seems to be happening, not even a reply from online administrators regarding the situationé. The first thing I would do in such case is try to report the player again, however it's not possible when you do it less than a minute after. However, the counter resets, meaning you have to wait 60 seconds each time you tried to report too early. It's not a critical bug and I could bypass it by sending a pm to online administrators, but I am sure there are times when there is too much happening at once and and can be missed. Furthermore, the hacker can leave in that time, allowing for another opportunity for him to enter and wreak havoc. A report seems to be more indicative.
  3. Steps to replicate (if possible):
    1. Report a player.
    2. Report him again in less than 60 seconds.
    3. Report again right after 60 seconds passed from the first report - you get the same message.
    4. Wait 60 seconds to report again - problem solved but it may be too late.
  4. Additional information that may be useful (including screenshots or videos): I don't have screenshots, but have sa-mp chatlog entries:
    [19:40:58] - AS - Your report about Ivanov_Kolinkin(25) has been submitted to staff
    [*][19:42:23] ERROR: {C1BEC0}You have already reported this player in the last 60 seconds!
    [*][19:42:50] ERROR: {C1BEC0}You have already reported this player in the last 60 seconds!
    [*][19:43:12] ERROR: {C1BEC0}You have already reported this player in the last 60 seconds!
    [*][19:44:40] - AS - Your report about Ivanov_Kolinkin(25) has been submitted to staff!
    [*]

Desired reward: Happiness

AlanNeos

VIP
Former Staff
Good catch! hopefully it gets fixed... Also, It'd be fair to take the "replying to reports" as a suggestion, I think it'd be really nice if we pursue that.

IroniZ

Head VIP
VIP
Former Staff
Not sure if replying to reports is worth pursuing. You can just PM the player, that way he can answer back if its just a question.
If you just answer the report, and the player wants to say something back, he'll probably just report again with an answer.
That would make report some kind of chat...
I believe there's a line of your chat log missing, otherwise from [*][19:40:58] to [*][19:42:23] is over 60 seconds :)
Good find!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ern

Ern

I don't think we need to develop another tool for this neither. For anything for that matter, where the same effect can be made using already existing tools. A simple gesture however, like saying 'Banned, thanks for reporting!' or explaing the situation where the reported player is clear would be appreciated! Without those (except when the reported was banned maybe), it seems like the staff doesn't care much about reports.
I am not saying you don't as I can't know without being involved, justt such a thing would give that impression.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
The cooldown was added because they were spamming the /report command for the same player non-stop. Usually if the player you reported is not banned within 5 minutes, it means they are either clean or the use of cheats is not clear enough (not using them while staff spectate, toggle etc).

bear

Server Owner
This isn't a bug, and, it's much better off the way it currently works.

If it were any other way, all that would happen is people would spam the livin' daylight out of /report, making a mess of our queue and meaning that other reports are missed.

Me personally? I'd likely end up punishing you before the cheater for reporting multiple times. We are saving reporters from that needing to happen with this safeguard.

Status
Not open for further replies.