SERVER More usage of gang's money

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
Hello hello, I hope you all good :D

So I've been thinking lately about it, the money in the gang's vault is useless. We use it once a week for buying gang biz (if someone still does it) and... that's it.
I want to make more usage of this lost money.

1. Server mappers can customize big houses for gangs, and you can buy it with only gang's money. Can also set as a spawn location for gang members. (Very expansive houses 50M$ - 200M$)
2. Owner could share this money to gang members (up to 1M$ or any other number we choose)
3. Buying goldstars (1gs = 1M$ or something like that) - will make members want to make money and partly solve the problem of what can we do with our money.
4. Buying goods for gangbiz (up to 1000-5000 per week) only available for members who have manage gang biz permission.
5. If number 1 will happen, we could buy house fortunes with the money.

Let's open this up, bring your opinions and suggestions! :D

Last edited:

screw

Deathmatcher Breakthrough of the Year | 2020
I agree with first, second and fifth option. Third option would literally make people stop playing other minigames for goldstars (e.g. people will stop making killstreaks, making race records, etc.) since they would just buy goldstars, so I disagree with that one. Even if they add it, $250 would be low price, so I would increase the price since earning money is easy. Fourth option will make business delivery minigame less played than it already is even if it's 1000-5000 goods per week.

Last edited:

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
I agree with screw the third suggestion is unneeded and kinda makes goldstars to easy to get and 1 million for one wouldn’t be worth it anyways

AlmegAlmeg

VIP
Former Staff
I agree with first, second and fifth option. Third option would literally make people stop playing other minigames for goldstars (e.g. people will stop making killstreaks, making race records, etc.) since they would just buy goldstars, so I disagree with that one. Even if they add it, $250 would be low price, so I would increase the price since earning money is easy. Fourth option will make business delivery minigame less played than it already is even if it's 1000-5000 goods per week.
250$ was a typing mistake, but 1M$ is good. Think about it if you have 500M$ in gang vault it's 500 goldstars. Think about the fact that every minigame is now worth money and money worth goldstarts, but for now, the only real way to make goldstars is /swar. If this will come true, all minigames will be worth - math, reaction, goldpots, derby, fallout, br, dm, delivery, biz and what not?
Also money is pretty useless in SF-SE so this could be nice idea for how to use it.

About goods? 1000 sounds good if you have 10 biz and you forgot to deliver and you don't have time you can give each one 100 goods and keep them from falling under 100%.

I agree with screw the third suggestion is unneeded and kinda makes goldstars to easy to get and 1 million for one wouldn’t be worth it anyways
1M$ worth it, think about it you get money from territories for nothing, money from gangbiz for nothing, and you can even deposit more. And what if you bought a house and house fortune? now what?

Guys not only those, if you have ideas please share!

Bassam

VIP
Former Staff
I partially agree with 1&2 only.

Instead of paying for the houses with the gang's savings, a custom island would be mapped for a specific gang only, where it would cost the gang $500M for it to be done, and the houses would cost $1(negligible price).

As for the second point, weekly payments for all gang members maybe? Every week 0.5%-1% of the gang's savings would be split & distributed equally to the gang's members.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
First of all, for context, here's the top 10 gangs by money in their vault. As you can see, the top gangs (MSK, WmE etc) have hundreds of millions in their vault. Also, there are otherwise unknown gangs which have been duped with millions (such as Indonesia). Most gangs (not shown here) don't even have one million.

1622611584103.png

My brief take on the suggestions themselves:
1. It all comes down to whether server mappers are OK with mapping custom houses for gangs. If they want to map these, I won't argue against the idea.
2. Right now, money can only flow from members to gangs, which makes the gang vault a sort of black hole, from which no money can return. Some way of distributing gang money between members could be helpful.
3. I'm not sure if buying goldstars would be a good idea. The result would be a one-time bubble where players buy hundreds of goldstars with their leftover money. After that, it would no longer be a viable source of goldstars, because money can't be earned that fast.
4. Buying goods would take much less effort than delivering. Wouldn't this replace delivering?
5. What are "house fortunes"?

In general, I'd like to see more uses for gang money, but I can't think of any good ideas myself. Almeg's suggestions 1. and 2. sound reasonable to me.

AlmegAlmeg

VIP
Former Staff
Thank you @Sulps, your opinion means a lot.
1. It all comes down to whether server mappers are OK with mapping custom houses for gangs.
Of course, I just gave an idea for what we can do, and I would like to hear from server mappers what they think of that.

3. I'm not sure if buying goldstars would be a good idea. The result would be a one-time bubble where players buy hundreds of goldstars with their leftover money. After that, it would no longer be a viable source of goldstars, because money can't be earned that fast.
There are two main problems in SF-SE. You have nothing to do with money. For a regular player, you can buy a house and.... basically nothing else interesting. Givimg gang members the option to use their money for goldstars will make them want to earn money from any minigame. This will also solve the problem that gaoldstars can be earned from gangbiz and stunting.
/derby - gives money but not goldstars
/dm - gives money only one goldstar for 10 killstreak
/goldpot - gives money but not goldstars
/delivery - gives money but not goldstars
/fallout - gives money but not goldstars
Math and reactions - gives money but not goldstars
What I'm saying, if the goldstars earning system won't be changed (no interest / development problems) this can be a great way to earn goldstars and make make member use their money if they want.

5. What are "house fortunes"?
I wrote it like a moron XD. Like adding objects to house like you can do on your personal game house.

You are also welcome to give more ideas for how to use gang money :D

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
I would like to suggest something before sharing my opinions:
Remove the ability of a gang member to add money to the gang vault.

Now, let's go.

1. +1.
imo a gang should get a mapped house only when they are in the top 3 or top 5 list by goldstars. Because there's a problem in making this based on money. One rich gang member can add millions of money to the gang vault, and any gang can get a mapped house without even being in the top list by goldstars. Also this should be done manually upon request.

2. That would be unfair. A player may get less money than the total money deposited earlier. Also, this has nothing for the benefit of the gang as a whole. I will agree with this provided that the suggestion I made at the top is implemented.

3. I don't agree with this. But rather agree with adding more ways to earn goldstars including different minigames and features of SF-SE like derby, goldpots, etc.

4. screw said it for me:
Fourth option will make business delivery minigame less played than it already is

5. +1, agreed.

Last edited:

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Like adding objects to house like you can do on your personal game house.
Oh, you meant furniture.
If gang houses are added, then of course the gang's money would be used for furniture. So if suggestion 1. is implemented, then 5. should definitely come with it.

[RSK]Cortless

Racer of the Year | 2020
Former Staff
No doubt it is a great idea to make some changes about gangs/gold stars to make it more interesting. i'm totally agree with this suggestion.

Last edited:

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
I'm unsure about the 1st idea, purely on the basis, SF-SE is currently overloaded with useless old maps that aren't being used and are just pointless. I feel filling up the server with more maps would be a bad idea personally, plus using in-game money to buy a map is also kinda pointless in my opinion.

I'm completely agree with 2, 3 & 4 though. The idea of purchasing gold stars with the vault money would actually make good competition.