Quests online - (Multiplayer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcor

Introduction:

quests online, will enable the players who type (e.g.: - “/quest “) command to do missions or tasks online.
“/dquest” refers to a daily task and “/wquest” refers to a weekly task.

Objective:

• Decrease the percentage of players leaving the server (new players getting bored).
  • Earning money and gaining score.
  • More fun and interaction between in-game players (challenges).
  • Enjoyable for all players.
  • Increase number of online players (weekly and daily tasks).

Idea:

For “/quest” command: A player can enable it at any time.

When a random player in SEFSE server type “/quest”, a “/questmode is on” will appear in middle of the screen, as the “/godmode is on” appears when you type “/god”. Then that player will get to complete 5 tasks within 1 hour, tasks will appear on the players chat history, it is only visible for that player who typed “/quest”. (e.g.: - “Task1: Kill 2 players greater than 5000 score, win “2” /derby match’s and win “5” /fallout match’s. You got 1 Hour to finish all tasks!”).

Then task 2 will appear on his chat history after finishing Task1, and so on…

Also, a countdown will appear on the middle top of his screen (Time left for finishing all tasks).

If he didn’t finish the 5 tasks within 1 hour, he won’t get any rewards.

Finishing the 5 tasks within 1 hour will grant the player to earn his reward which is 30,000$ in-game money and 30 score.

Tasks is not compulsory being only from minigames etc.., it can be a brand-new mission created by us or an old mission from the story mode.

e.g.:

Task 1: Kill 2 players greater than 5,000 score, win 2 derby match’s and win 5 /fallout match’s.
Task 2: Run more than 2 KM, kill 5 players using sniper and jump from 1000ft height.
Task 3: brand-new mission.
Task 4: brand-new mission.
Task 5: Story mission.

Note: I’m still thinking on what is the best suitable mission from story mode that we can implement here.

For “/dquest” command (daily task): A player can enable it daily, for example: (every day the reset will be at 1:00PM of SEFSE server time), by typing “/dquest” a player will get to finish 1 random task to get his daily reward.

For “/wquest” command (weekly task): A player can enable it weekly, for example: (every week the reset will be on Tuesday at 1:00PM of SEFSE server time), by typing “/wquest” a player will get to finish 1 random task to get his weekly reward.

You can see how many times you did the daily or weekly tasks from the leaderboard.

Leaderboard:

Daily: “/dquests”
Weekly: “/wquests”

Difficulty of Task:

Daily: Medium (Normal).
Weekly: Heroic (Hard).

Rewards:

Daily: Money-5,000$, Score-10.
Weekly: Money-50,000$, Score-50.

Solutions to avoid players farming “/quest” idea.

Increase number of tasks and decrease the amount of money earned and score gained etc.
Or
Increase difficulty of the 5 tasks by editing the 5 tasks.

I know some people will straight away say “it’s a freeroam server so you can’t have anything else”. Yes, it’s a freeroam server but also, I believe we don’t want players to think all the time that its solely a freeroam server and nothing more.

Vote:

+1, Agree, Have the same opinion about something; concur. (Accept)
-1, Disagree, to not have the same opinion, idea, etc. (Do not accept)
Neutral, not supporting or helping either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.

I believe tasks can be much more interesting and enjoyable specially the weekly and daily ones, so if anyone got some brand-new tasks to add or a simple mission idea, please don’t hesitate and share it here ya!

Contributions are greatly appreciated.

Credits :

Faker - He wrote the whole thread.

dupa osbrunda

Nice !
I support this suggestion !
But I hope that any player who has played over 100 or 150 hours can create a task because it makes it much more interesting but when creating a task, it must be checked by played trial and voted by the administrator to make it appropriate to give the intention to agree or do not agree to the task on the to do list !
The command to create a task:/createtask or /ctask !
+1 Accept

Last edited:

dakii

Funniest Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
I really like this idea and would love to see it in-game! +1

Sabre

Former Staff
Former Staff
Great Idea!
I support this suggestion. +1 from me. Hope this suggestion will be add soon as possible.

ScrIN

• Earning money and gaining score.

What's the purpose of this prize, both score and cash they are worthless, can't spend on useful things and relatively low.

Then that player will get to complete 5 tasks within 1 hour <...> (e.g.: - “Task1: Kill 2 players greater than 5000 score, win “2” /derby match’s and win “5” /fallout match’s. You got 1 Hour to finish all tasks!”).

Then task 2 will appear on his chat history after finishing Task1, and so on…

Will there be enough time to complete all 5 tasks? Newbie or inexperienced players (focus on them) will fail with that. At some point of time server can't be full enough of players with score high enough, not enough specific minigame participants thus your daily quest will be dumped together with your reward. As I noticed your chance of winning is dependent on other players' activity/count.

If he didn’t finish the 5 tasks within 1 hour, he won’t get any rewards.

That's reasonable enough to leave server from frustration when you fail with last task or at last minutes and generally due to other's inactivity.

Finishing the 5 tasks within 1 hour will grant the player to earn his reward which is 30,000$ in-game money and 30 score.

As I mentioned already reward is relatively low. You may get this cash by answering 3 math tests or get even more by delivering an export car and that takes only few minutes.

Tasks is not compulsory being only from minigames etc.., it can be a brand-new mission created by us or an old mission from the story mode.

That sounds like a serious scripting matter for developers. I'd like to know how difficult in terms of creating and completing these missions would look like from your side. It could take lot of time to script good one and too much time to constantly update daily/weekly quests with new missions so they wouldn't be repetitive.

Rewards:

Daily: Money-5,000$, Score-10.
Weekly: Money-50,000$, Score-50.

If I had to ask myself whether these rewards would satisfy me, then I would say not.

Solutions to avoid players farming “/quest” idea.
Increase number of tasks and decrease the amount of money earned and score gained etc.
Increase difficulty of the 5 tasks by editing the 5 tasks.

This would help not to avoid farming, but to avoid playing them at all. Especially for new players who should be persuaded to stay in game.

To sum up, idea is nice but this is very similar to suggestion about increased rewards for specific minigames and I'll stick to the same opinion about critical drawback - lack of ways to spend cash and worthlessness of score. There is simply no motivation to start playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.