Race Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauzanPZ

This is just a suggestion. How about if we can change to own virtual world when we're racing ?

ScrIN

I don't see any reasons why this suggestion should be implemented but I'll try to take one server experience and put on table pros and cons myself:

Pros:

• Racing alone is more efficient, no one is distracting or causing fps drops.

Cons:

• This could encourage usage of cheats as racing in own world makes you invisible (besides /spec function), other racers couldn't notice anything.
• Less racers leave at default world (probably all newbies play here) which removes mass effect from the race. Racing with many players is more fun, exciting and generally makes race more competitive. When pro racers (most likely) join own worlds, races will lose their spirit and become more like minigame for breaking records. Newbies could leave server and look for places where way more players join races.

I tend to stay neutral, perhaps lean to -1 because of mentioned second cons.

Last edited:

AlanNeos

VIP
Former Staff
Racing with many players is more fun, exiting and generally makes race more competitive. When pro racers (most likely) join own worlds, races will lose their spirit and become more like minigame for breaking records. Newbies could leave server and look for places where way more players join races.
Definitely agree with that one, racing shouldn't just be about breaking records but also experiencing the competitive feeling when playing with one of your friends or even random people. In my opinion adding virtual worlds for different individuals will make us lose that fun experience. I understand that some players could be affected by fps drops for the amount of players racing which makes it more difficult to break records but then I guess they would have to find a time where they can race alone.

Chaos

Former Staff
Definitely agree with that one, racing shouldn't just be about breaking records but also experiencing the competitive feeling when playing with one of your friends or even random people. In my opinion adding virtual worlds for different individuals will make us lose that fun experience. I understand that some players could be affected by fps drops for the amount of players racing which makes it more difficult to break records but then I guess they would have to find a time where they can race alone.
Rightly Said! I totally agree with SCrin and Blood!

bear

Server Owner
As it stands, racers do get teleported to another world, which is dedicated to only participants of the race, and that is good enough. ScrIN and BloodR1ng summed up the reasons nicely as to why it should stay as it is.

As such, we won't be making any changes here, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.