SERVER Removing some goldpots from the game

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
I think we can all agree that this game has too many goldpots, might be 300+. As a goldpot hunter I think some of then can be removed from the game, but which of them? WE LOVE THEM ALL LIKE OUR OWN CHILDS :D

Starting from the goldpots that share the same place:
Trialpark at sea and The 'ols capmer park - one of them can be removed
Pier 69 and Pier 69 - two gp with same name and few meters from each other
Area 69 and I can see the whole world from here - I think area 69 can be removed
Hot water geyser and Fountain of youth - one of them can be removed
Avispa country club and Lets play some golf - one of them can be removed
Blue chapel and Wedding tackle - one of them can be removed
Bandits hallway and Home of the bandits - one of them can be removed

Continue with small areas sharing too many gps:
Blastin fool records, Sodom sex toys, Half chooked, Le sex shoppe - at least one of them can be removed
YoYoJos records, Gravy train, LS eyeworks, LS fashions, Milkshake, Inside the gaint dounat - at least two of them can be removed
Spacey, Wills snack shop, Los santos Liberty city... - at least one of them can be removed
24 carat dogg, Rolex ripoff, Grotti dealership, Candy suxxx - at least one of them can be removed
Bank without a vault, Little lady, Bub's hardware - one of them can be removed
Nice buns, Hannibal liquer, Crippen memorial hospital, Miller & Son, Bio engineering, Inside track, Biowaste Well, Burned house - at least three of them can be removed
We have gas, Fill er up in style, Mr. Grant's bike shed, Solarin Industries, Big Mike's Truck. Performance. Auto, Dillimore PD - at least two of them can be removed

Goldpots that can't be found unless you ask another hunter or Luis:
Psychic special, Lucas... wang car, Insid scaffoling, Angel on rock, Pokemon, Scary bush, Lipstick, Pitfall, Sand roller, Tree house, Fake stairs - might be better without some of those

Later on if needed we will expend this.
Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that this game has too many goldpots, might be 300+. As a goldpot hunter I think some of then can be removed from the game, but which of them? WE LOVE THEM ALL LIKE OUR OWN CHILDS :D

Starting from the goldpots that share the same place:
Trialpark at sea and The 'ols capmer park - one of them can be removed
Pier 69 and Pier 69 - two gp with same name and few meters from each other
Area 69 and I can see the whole world from here - I think area 69 can be removed
Hot water geyser and Fountain of youth - one of them can be removed
Avispa country club and Lets play some golf - one of them can be removed
Blue chapel and Wedding tackle - one of them can be removed
Bandits hallway and Home of the bandits - one of them can be removed

Continue with small areas sharing too many gps:
Blastin fool records, Sodom sex toys, Half chooked, Le sex shoppe - at least one of them can be removed
YoYoJos records, Gravy train, LS eyeworks, LS fashions, Milkshake, Inside the gaint dounat - at least two of them can be removed
Spacey, Wills snack shop, Los santos Liberty city... - at least one of them can be removed
24 carat dogg, Rolex ripoff, Grotti dealership, Candy suxxx - at least one of them can be removed
Bank without a vault, Little lady, Bub's hardware - one of them can be removed
Nice buns, Hannibal liquer, Crippen memorial hospital, Miller & Son, Bio engineering, Inside track, Biowaste Well, Burned house - at least three of them can be removed
We have gas, Fill er up in style, Mr. Grant's bike shed, Solarin Industries, Big Mike's Truck. Performance. Auto, Dillimore PD - at least two of them can be removed

Psychic special, Lucas... wang car, Insid scaffoling, Angel on rock, Pokemon, Scary bush, Lipstick, Pitfall, Sand roller, Tree house, Fake stairs - might be better without some of those

Later on if needed we will expend this.
Tell me what you think!
well that's an great idea to remove some GOLDPOT which having same spots! and it would be easier for every new player

+1

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I've been pointing out problems with new goldpot (GP) locations for more than a year. The issue here is that I still don't know who adds new GPs to the server, so I haven't been able to tell them about all of these.

Near-identical GPs:
To date, I've counted 319 GPs, 321 with duplicates "Pier 69" and "Desert Bowling" (according to AlanNeos, that's a duplicate too). These don't make GP hunting any more enjoyable. The same goes for newer GPs that were added by someone who didn't know there was a similar GP there already, for example "Avispa Country Club" added next to "Let's play some golf".

GPs concentrated in a small area:
While GPs were fairly evenly distributed across the map before 2018 or 19, new GPs tend to be concentrated in a few neighborhoods. This makes GP hunting more boring, because it makes us use the same teleports and same movements too often. GPs that have several viable teleports are more interesting, because who gets the GP depends on the teleports used.
All these GPs are in the Market region, which has almost no significance in single-player or SFSE otherwise. LSdive is the only viable teleport for all of these. Of these, the only GP that has any significance and/or is interesting somehow, is "Inside the GIANT donut", because it's where CRASH gave their first mission to CJ and because it's a giant donut!

I honestly like GPs that test your knowledge of the map and the game, such as "Pitfall". On the other hand, I don't at all enjoy GPs that are just random stores which have no significance whatsoever and which you can only find by googling the hint, such as "Rodriguez Iron Works". They're called hints for a reason.

Overall, there needs to be a more systemic approach to adding new GPs. That approach should include considering similar or nearby GPs.