Some suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakii

Funniest Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
I am really confused by /wheels nowadays. Some days its saved as default, other days it's random.
I'd suggest the Wheel Save back as a feature. For One.
For two, i'd suggest saving your /tune preferences. Tune your car and do /savetune or something like that to save it. And when the vehicle respawns it would have the same adjustments as the previous one. (^^)

Edit: And the car color should be saved along with the car adjustments. I don't really know about this one. But I just thought of it, and I think it's good.

Last edited:

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
You can already save your car color with /cc. Type "1" as the 3rd number, for example, /cc 3 4 1.
I honestly can't think of a reason wheels and tune shouldn't save, so I'll support your suggestions.

bear

Server Owner
As a general comment for all types of options saving:

The reason that some preferences do not save between sessions is quite simply, overhead. We give our players a lot of options that can be changed, and we don't feel as though they're all worthy of being saved. It's not so much about the extra disk space that will be used for saving to the database (we have more than enough space) but more so the overhead on a player joining the game. The less that the server has to load from the database and/or file system (just like static objects, vehicles), the better; the server will feel smoother to play on.

With that in mind, we don't take this to the absolute extreme, though, in the sense that we won't compromise player experience and enjoyment just for a reduction in resource usage. That would be silly, especially when, as mentioned, we have the resources.

To comment specifically about your suggestions:

Personally speaking, I have doubts about the saving of tuning options. For example, let's say you spawn Sultan. This is a very customizable car, from bumps to spoilers to exhausts, etc. Then, what about if you spawn an Infernus? There is very little tuning available for this car. The system would be unable to load your saved preferences from a Sultan. It could give you the same color, sure, but it doesn't feel very complete as an idea.

dakii

Funniest Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
You can already save your car color with /cc.

I don't know how but I will try my best to explain what I said in the edit. And I do know how to save your car color.

Let's say you spawned a Sultan, and your permenant color is red, you tune it, and save his adjustments. However with those adjustments you can save a specific color. Take blue for an example. When you spawn another vehicle, it would still be red, however the Sultan would have, when spawned, the specific color you chose to save with your adjustments.

Sorry for the inconvenience of not making this clear from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.