Swar World Boundary

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
Hello All, in this thread I would like to suggest something related to swar.

There should be world boundaries in /swar. The same world boundary which is used in /war. The reason is that the players will not be able to use other easier methods of completing a specific stunt. We will not need to report the swar which has other easier methods to complete. Simply, the world boundary system can be added in swar. This will clear all the problems.

Thank you!

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
I understand where this is coming from completely - however, I would like to point out that MANY stuntwars have extensive runups (DTLS Red Building, SF Naval DB, Kindcaid Bridge, a couple of the "Rooftops" series, Union Station Prec.. I know there's more) in order to be completed in general. World boundaries may make these impossible altogether.

Furthermore, a lot of shortcuts do not extend far at all. Some stunts I create are simply an oversight of mine unfortunately, which has a shortcut very close to it. MOST of the stunts that have been deleted due to shortcuts had shortcuts that were shorter than the initial runup.

"Sandking Fence Combo," for example, has a very extensive shortcut, where you start in verdant bluffs, rather than the Commerce area like it is intended. However, there's a stunt nearby that shares nearly the same exact distance as that extensive runup, called "RAD Treebump," where you go from Alhambra to the Conference Centre - roughly the same distance as the Fence Combo's shortcut.

Another few examples - Red County Tree can be landed from the road directly above the tree, but it's still hard(ish) to do.. somewhat. Same thing with Vinewood Sign. These shortcuts are in VERY close proximity of each stunt. Obviously there are outliers, but this is where my next point comes up.

My suggestion is this: You find a cheatable stunt, report it to me. By cheatable, I mean a stunt that is able to be done with either no stunting, or just extremely easily cheatable with a stunt. This is my rule: if it's still a stunt and somewhat difficult, then I consider it to be fine.

edit: archived due to being incompatible.